1 filet of fresh haddock (about ¼ pound)
1 to 2 cups Gloucester House Lobster Stuffing (Family Recipe) [see below]
2 tablespoons of water
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1. Select a fresh haddock filet. Note: Freshness can be tested by examining the clearness of the eyes and the firmness of the skin. A fish store will usually filet and skin the fish for you.
2. Place haddock on cooking plate, cover with crumbs (see recipe below) and sprinkle with drawn butter.
3. Place two tablespoons of water around the bottom of the fish.
4. Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 10 to 14 minutes, until the breadcrumbs become brown.
5. Serve immediately with lemon wedge and your favorite vegetable.
Courtesy of Lenny Linquata, The Gloucester House Restaurant, 2009
The Gloucester House Restaurant has been serving this recipe since it opened fifty-one years ago. There are three important secrets to getting the perfect results: very fresh haddock (a day or two old); bake the fish under very high heat with two tablespoons of water; and using their bread crumb recipe that includes Ritz crackers.