1 head of kale
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Separate one head of kale into leaves and remove tough stems.
3. Wash and DRY thoroughly – extra moisture will inhibit crisping.
4. Break into small pieces, toss with olive oil and sea salt, and spread in a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15-30 minutes depending on your taste for char.
Recipe courtesy of Abbey Cahill O’Brien, www.5th joy.com, 2010.
A recipe prepared by Abby Cahill O’Brien, creator of the 5th Joy blog. Constantly looking for the better and healthier food idea, Abby says of this recipe, “Did you know you can transform kale into a salty, crunchy chip imposter? It’s true, and the ensuing addiction is pretty darn healthy.”
Some variations: dust with cumin and curry powder for an Indian bent, or with a bit of vinegar for salt-and-vinegar fans.