8 ounces semisweet chocolate
4 dried apricots
4 1-inch rounds crystallized ginger
4 chocolate sandwich cookies
16 pecan halves
1 tablespoon golden seedless raisins
1 tablespoon dried sour cherries
2 tablespoons white baking chips, melted, optional
24 (1 1/4-inch) paper candy cups
Candy box or shallow basket
1 paper doily
1. In top of double boiler temper chocolate; hold over hot, not boiling, water. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil; oil lightly.
2. Dip half of each apricot and piece of ginger in chocolate. Drain off excess chocolate and place apricots and ginger on lined baking sheet.
3. Using 2 forks, dip chocolate cookies in melted chocolate to coat completely; place on baking sheet.
4. Press 4 caramels to flatten into 1/4-inch thick ovals. Dip in melted chocolate to coat completely; place on baking sheet and top each with pecan half.
5. Quarter remaining 12 pecan halves. Stir quartered pecans, the raisins and cherries into remaining chocolate. Drop mixture onto baking sheet to make 8 mounds.
6. If desired, place melted white chocolate in small pastry bag with writing tip; pipe message on chocolate-coated cookies and drizzle some white chocolate over 4 of the fruit and nut drops. Place chocolates in refrigerator until chilled and firm, about 20 minutes.
This is a chocolate lovers dream gift basket of treats dipped into chocolate. Apricots, crystallized ginger, chocolate sandwich cookies, caramels, pecan halves, golden seedless raisins and dried sour cherries. Taking the time to make homemade chocolates says you care.