Ingredients1 sugar pumpkin (or 1/4 large pumpkin)
8 ounces feta cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- Pre heat oven to 425ºF.
- Quarter the pumpkin and using a large metal spoon, scoop out the seeds and insides of the pumpkin. Save the seeds for roasting. Using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler, remove the skin from the pumpkin. Cut slices of pumpkin, about 1-inch thick, then cut again to cube into 1inch by 1-inch cubes.
- Mix the pumpkin with the rest of the ingredients gently in a bowl.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of slices.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut the feta cheese into 1-inch by ½ inch rectangles.
- On a small skewer or long toothpick place a piece of pumpkin, feta cheese and pumpkin (so that the feta in in the middle). Stick the skewer in a small pumpkin or gourd for a creative presentation.
Whatever shall I serve as an appetizer? What is something creative that my guests will like? This is a mystery that seems to need constant solving. Always to the rescue is our Mystery Chef with a solution for your appetizer dilemma!
This truly easy and colorful dish serves as both a colorful autumn centerpiece and appetizer. All you need is a small pumpkin, some honey and spices and a creative spirit.
Simply quarter the pumpkin, remove the skin and cut into cubes. Then add the rest of the ingredients and roast for 15-20 minutes. To assemble your creation, alternate cubes of feta cheese with pumpkin on a skewer and place into a small pumpkin or gourd. Your guests will be impressed!